Saturday, May 15, 2010

We had our farewell party yesterday.  It was wonderful to see all our friends, but sad too.  A couple of times I looked around and briefly wondered if I could take it all back.    I'm excited about moving and I know it's the best thing for our family.  At the same time, I've made more and closer friendships here than anywhere in my adult life.  I can't help but wonder how things would have turned out if we had moved to the city or closer suburbs in the first place.


My son's friends made him cards and I almost cried.  I think he'll like the idea of having pen pals, once we've arrived and it will no longer be saying goodbye.

For me, well, I have multiple electronic avenues of keeping contact.  It'll be like I'm still here, but can never seem to make it out to a playdate.. sort of.

I'll miss the long drive out to meet at a playground or house, usually listening to the Diane Rehm Show on a Friday morning.  The kids off to play and the mamas sitting and talking, telling each other about the week we've had. The long ride back, everyone happy and exhausted.

The early evening playground, after an API meeting, even though we haven't had a meeting in a long time.

Potlucks, Tot time swim, birthdays parties... Halloween.  I'm really going to miss Halloween in Manchester.

Watching these kids grow up, the one I've known since birth, or nearly that long.  One day in the future I'll meet them again and they won't know me anymore, and the freshest picture in my mind will still be them running around on the playground, laughing.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment