Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's Official!

We got word that our buyers got their loan commitment today. Seven day before our closing date.  Seven days and we'll be on the road.

I've been slowly packing all week, which is about the only way you can do it with young children.  Now I look around and am overwhelmed with what still needs to be done.  Fortunately we have family coming into town this weekend to help.  We're not only fortunate but grateful.  I don't think we could do this alone.

My main blog has been private for awhile now because I felt with all the little pieces of information I put out there, there was now more than I felt comfortable with.  With more than 400 posts, that was too many to edit down to my comfort level.

I intend this blog to be a way for those we are leaving to know what we are doing.  I like having the record of writing to look back on.

I hate naming things.  Servers, websites, blogs...  I feel much pressure to come up with the perfect name, full of meaning, clever and unique.  Around the internet, unique in names is rather hard to come by.  Sand in my toes... it comes from a Michigan tourism commercial, "Sand in my toes, sand in my toes, how I'll miss you woe, woe, woe."  I have happy memories of beaches and the feel of sand between my toes after getting in the car to leave.  Seeing as we're headed to Michigan, it might be more appropriate to call it Sand and Snow... Spring and Fall are pretty scarce here.

On this Thursday before we leave I have called all our utilities to set up the shut downs.  I've passed on our new address.  I've baked two loaves of sourdough bread and have a chuck roast in the crockpot.  I'm just hoping that it will be something edible around dinner time.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment