Thursday, May 20, 2010

The First Day

We got in last night at 2:00AM.  We slept.  Not quite enough, but when you have kids...


Our first day was pretty great.  We went to lunch at the local Coney Dog place, the dogs are great, as was my olive burger.  We visited my favorite vitamin store and got some basics that we needed.  Tooth powder, Shampoo without the crap, etc.  Items I'd have to order online or drive an hour just the other day.  Now within 5 minutes.  I was overjoyed to have a conversation about extended nursing with one of the employees.  We poked into the realtor's office to get some help tracking down rentals.  

The rest of the day was playground, frozen custard and beautiful views of the lake from the swings.  Today was total vacation day.  We have a lot of family to see this weekend and a birthday party for my baby.  Monday I'll get to work on the rental search.  At first glance, I think it's going to be a bit tricker than I thought.  Researching areas and scheduling visits.  I need to work on that meeting people part too.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment